You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you.
I. It is not enough to know what God is saying; we must obey regardless of the cost.
II. Obedience is the heartbeat of a Christian’s life.
- We do not obey a concept or principle; We obey a person. – John 5:39-40
- Our obedience to God is built around our love for God. – John 14:15, John 14:21, John 14:23, John 14:24
III. The activity of God runs on the tracks of obedience. – John 14:15 (ESV)
- 15 -“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.”
- John 14:16-17 (ESV)
- 16 -“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.”
- John 14:21 (ESV) – “Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
- John 14:23 (ESV)- “Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.””
IV. Faith does not see the outcome of God’s activity; only obedience does.
- Romans 8:28
- Faith doesn’t tell you what the outcome will be. Faith tells you that God’s still in the process.
V. Our personal Joy is based upon our living obedience to Jesus.
- John 15:9-11
Obedience is not just another activity; it is a way of life. Obedience is a condition of the heart so that when you receive a direction you always respond in that direction.